Effective date: September 18th, 2023
SMS (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the storetraffic.com domain, the T.M.A.S. Platform and the iOS/Android Storetraffic App (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
1. Our hardware and software products are sold only to businesses, and the information we ask you to input is only professional. While using our Service, Users should input business information only and not personal data. To ensure we control and report correctly on who accesses information stored in our Software, we log IP addresses, time/date of login, device type, OS version and browser version.
2. Regardless of point #1, we protect any data we collect, such as professional email, business phone numbers, first name and last name. We understand some Users may unwillingly input Personal Data, even if it is not required or intended while using our Service; hence, we always protect any data we collect.
3. We use third-party cloud services and software, meaning data may sometimes be stored in locations other than the province of Quebec, Canada, where our business is located. We take great care in selecting third-party cloud services and software to ensure the security and privacy of the business data collected.
4. If you allow Cookies when visiting our storetraffic.com website, some of those may collect your Personal Data. These are performance and third-party Cookies which are used to track our advertisement and website effectiveness and will enable us to improve our Service. For visitors from the European Union, the UK, Canada, or other countries where it is required by law, these Cookies will only be activated if you expressively allow it when prompted (“Opt-In”). In certain states in the US, Third-Party Cookies are considered as “Selling your Personal Information” and you’ll be prompted with a mean to refuse (“Opt-Out”). For visitors from all other locations, no prompts will be shown but you can use the different methods mentioned in the “Analytics, Advertisement & Opt-Out for Cookies” section of this policy to deactivate them or Opt-Out.
5. For any inquiry or request, you can contact our privacy teams at [email protected]. Our Privacy officer is Patrick Thuot, who monitors incoming requests and ensures they are answered and acted upon.
Service contains SMS Websites and Software Platforms.
• SMS Websites
Contain storetraffic.com website and other informational or transactional websites operated by SMS Storetraffic.
• Software Platforms
Includes the web application “T.M.A.S”. and the iOS/Android app “Storetraffic”, which can be included in our free or paid software plans.
A business or a User representing a business having willingly signed up to use our Software Platforms, even if on a free plan.
• Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
• Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
• Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and how any personal information is, or is to be, processed.
• Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
• Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you. These should be business-related contact information and not personally identifiable data. However, we understand that some Users might still input personally identifiable information which means we can collect Personal Data such as:
• E-mail address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Other data collected in Preference and Advertising Cookies while visiting SMS Websites, if they are allowed. (See Tracking & Cookies Data)
• Usage Data (see Usage Data sections)
We may use these to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any e-mail we send or by contacting us at [email protected]. In our Software Platforms, Scheduled Reports and Alerts, e-mails must be turned off by either you or your Administrator to stop them from being received.
When you use our SMS Websites or mobile applications to download any electronic document, request a demo or ask for any other information, you may be asked to provide contact details which we will then use to deliver the requested information and/or service.
When you contact customer support or speak with a sales representative, we may record the call for training purposes and to improve our Service.
If you are a Customer and are accessing our Software Platforms, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, location, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”). This ensures that we control and audit for unauthorized access to your account on our Software Platforms, which could contain confidential information about your business.
Just as when you visit and interact with most websites and services delivered via the Internet, when you visit our Websites we gather certain information and store it in log files (i.e.“Log Data”). This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, system configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences. Additional tracking may be performed if you allow to the use of certain Cookies (see below).
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
• Performance Cookies: These Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these Cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
• Functional Cookies: These Cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these Cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
• Targeting Cookies: These Cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these Cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
• Social Media Cookies: These Cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these Cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
SMS uses collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
• To monitor the usage of our Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
• We can use collected anonymized business data of our Customers to provide industry benchmarks, such as trends and averages. We compile and deliver these industry benchmarks only when anonymity can be assured. We do not use any Personally identifiable data in these benchmarks.
• In order to provide and improve our Service, we may use and disclose to third parties (for example, our service providers and analytics Partners) non-personally identifiable information that we collect, including cookie data and Log Data. This may include Personal Data, which has been aggregated and anonymized so that the data cannot be identified. We retain the right to use, at our reasonable discretion, any information, in any form, about more than one individual where the identity of the individuals is not known and cannot be inferred.
In this case, SMS may process your Personal Data because:
• We need to perform a contract with you
• You have permitted us to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests, and your rights do not override it
• For payment processing purposes
• To comply with the law
SMS will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Furthermore, we may transfer Personal Data to third parties for processing on our behalf. We will ensure that such data may only be processed for limited and specified purposes consistent with the purposes for which such Personal Data was collected or the consent provided by you.
We remain liable for any failure of the third party to do so unless we can prove that we are not responsible.
SMS may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of SMS
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
SMS aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data, as to comply with applicable privacy laws in the US, Canada, Europe and the UK.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it removed from our systems, please contact us at [email protected]. For any request, we will need to verify a requestor is inquiring about their own information before we can assist.
Depending on your applicable jurisdiction, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request the deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right to know to which third-party companies SMS may have disclosed your Personal Information for direct marketing within the past year; and a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to further processing of your Personal Data, unless we have legitimate or legal reasons to continue to do so.
• The right to Opt-Out of the Sale of your Personal Data. We do not sell Personal Data, and should we ever consider doing so, we will request your consent.
• The right of restriction. If there is no longer a reason for us to process your Personal Data or if we don’t have a legal ground for the processing, you can require us to delete your Personal Data. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as possible, but some information may remain in archived or backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. In addition, we may choose to de-identify your Personal Data instead of deleting it, provided we have a legitimate business reason for doing so. You can also require us to restrict the processing of your data if such processing is unlawful or if there is a dispute about the accuracy of the data.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when SMS relied on your consent to process your personal information.
• Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you the Service; increasing the price/rate of the Service; decreasing Service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA) or other jurisdictions.
For locations subject to these laws Cookies that may contain are on an Opt-In basis through a prompt on our website asking you to allow them.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
This applies to our corporate website only (storetraffic.com). We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
• Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
This applies to our corporate website only (storetraffic.com). We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service. Among them:
• Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
These Cookies will not be collected should you perform any other action than accepting them when prompted.
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
• Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can Opt-Out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Meta remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Meta by visiting this page: Introduction to the Advertising Standards | Transparency Center (fb.com)
To Opt-Out from Meta’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also Opt-Out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or Opt-Out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Meta, please visit Meta’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
You can change your Cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the Cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete Cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the Cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete Cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.